United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Employee Reviews

exelencia en lo que se realiza
Ejecutivo Comercial (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, Distrito Capital, CundinamarcaSeptember 15, 2017
una gran experiencia para cualquier hambito laboral
Pros
garantias laborales
International Intern
International Intern (Former Employee) –  New DelhiJune 29, 2017
Great opportunity of exposure and learning in the sustainable development and CSR sector
productive workplace
Mail Unit Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
I love this company! I wish I had the ability to work directly under them. My experience was bliss and beautiful. You can learn so much from every individual you come across at thsi company.
Overly bureaucratic and lack of team morale
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2017
As a result of restructuring, and various changes in organization, workload is high and the staff morale is very low. Most people are looking to leave and that contributes to the unhappy work environment, where most are not motivated to achieve.
Good place to embellish your CV and get well paid
Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Lucknow, Uttar PradeshMay 1, 2017
It pays really well across levels.You also get to do some meaningful work in global development.
However, there is no job security. They usually hire professionals for a specific project and a project has a certain life, beyond which staff is not required. However, if you are in Delhi, you may be absorbed in some other project but that's not certain. And in case you are in some other city and there is no live project, you have no option but to pack bags after project closure. But as they pay well, it doesn't hurt much.
Pros
Great Salary, Experience
Cons
No job stability
Challenging and inspiring.
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Working here both challenged and inspired me. I attained invaluable knowledge that I hope to apply in a future career in international development. Eternally grateful for the opportunity to intern here.
challenging,rewarding and fun
Consultant (Former Employee) –  GaboroneApril 10, 2017
This job felt like a one year contract. Very engaging and busy research. I was a representative of UN at the field and i needed to perform beyond my reasonable expectation. In Botswana, anti- poverty programs are Government's number 1 priority and any study on the programs needs to be done thoroughly and on-schedule.

My focal areas were Okavango and Chobe areas and there was language barrier. These areas are tourist destinations and the terrain is rough. Anti-poverty program are mostly wildlife related activities and I was expected to visit the programs sites.

the job exposed to appreciating life from different sectors/angles and my scope of research as broadened from that moment. i realised that a lot of research needs to be done especially in remote areas.
Pros
free food from community
Cons
long hours and difficult terrains
Productive and good working with UNDP because of theri training.
Database Operator (Former Employee) –  LiberiaApril 1, 2017
Working with UNDP was a good experience because I was able learned a lot about database. I was traveled a lot training people about database. I was met people from different countries who taught me the technology.
Pros
Good vacation
Cons
Good working environment, good health insurance
A nice experience
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  EthiopiaFebruary 23, 2017
Teaching college students in order for them to have basic knowledge of management, marketing skills. Language is the most challenging but their culture is something that is commendable
Pros
Sharing your knowledge
Cons
grade conscious students
Flexible Working Environment
Technical Adminstative Associate (Current Employee) –  BridgetownFebruary 2, 2017
The UNDP offers a relaxing approach to international development which helps to ease the enormous stress that can occur randomly. noone chases you down or send contant reminders a s aprofessional environment ensues generally, but to whom much is given much is expected so delivery is key.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
heavy workload
end of year parties
records keeper/resource centre manager (Former Employee) –  KampalaDecember 27, 2016
workers are approachable and there is team work at the place which i liked so much.bosses provide the right information about the organisation with out any hardships thank you for the good work done.
Pros
outings, asssociations, team work.
Cons
free medical services, day offs, allowances.
Overall rating is excellent, 5-stars.
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2016
Opportunity to meet high-level officials and foreign diplomats. The challenges had been very interesting and I welcome them with so much optimism and hope for best achievement.
Excelente porque es una empresa de las Naciones Unidas. Ya que trabaja por el bienestar de las personas del mundo
asesora comercial (Former Employee) –  Villavicencio, MetaOctober 19, 2016
Muy bien que estén en el país ofreciendo garantías a las comunidades y personas de esta patria colombiana que ha sufrido mucho por los diferentes actores armados que hay en nuestra amada COLOMBIA
Pros
Fslicitador de la paz en todo el mundo
Productive and motivating
Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2016
. As the only person with Accounting knowledge my time was a busy one getting the various book up to date.

. Getting the company books of records and accounting data up-to-date improved the Credit worth with the Factors allowing it grew and expand within a short period.

. I am a team player therefore I can flourish in any group situation including working with my co-worker in harmony.

. The manager was very motivating always providing advice to enhance your education in the job.

. The hardest part of the job was my initial entrance and juggling between file cabinets to retrieve invoices, PO bank statements, lease documents payroll records ect. to update the financial records
Pros
vast amount of experiences as a accountant
Cons
short break and short week ends
Interesting Work. Valuable exparience
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  GoriMay 9, 2016
The work was very interesting as it covered challenging aspects of my work. I had to deal with three components of the project: Elaborating early recovery plans, dealing with infrastructural projects and disaster risk reduction activities carried out in the respective municipality.
Pros
More Independence and Autonomy
Cons
Less benefits
professional
Research Assistant (Admin & Finance) (Former Employee) –  IslamabadApril 24, 2014
thats very good learing and culture. i like such a well reputed and established organization
Pros
daily allowance
Cons
field duty
Professional
Programme Associate (Former Employee) –  ZambiaAugust 26, 2012
I have learned communication skills by constant liaising with stakeholders, writing project proposals and troubleshooting in the management of projects.

I have learnt to management projects and programmes from all levels.

Working in a team has taught me to be able to resource pull and ensure I use my capabilities to the maximum efficiency.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no travel