The System Operation Engineer will be responsible for deployment, configuration and maintenance of Techlogix corporate network (spanned across multiple geographies), internet infrastructure and in-house production servers. Routine operations will involve network installation, maintenance and optimization, provide Wireless LAN and Internet access solutions, maintain and monitor network equipment, backup/recovery tasks and IT support.
· Good knowledge of IP addressing and IP subnetting.
· Basic knowledge of Routing/Switching protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
· Basic knowledge of Cisco/Huawei Routers, Firewalls and understanding of network devices backup/restore.
· Resolves problems reported by end users for local and wide area networks, personal computers, networking equipment (switches, routers , etc.)
· Good knowledge of Windows Server/Client system administration.
· Basic knowledge of Linux/ UNIX system administration (Mail, NFS , DNS , DHCP and Samba)
· Basic knowledge of system monitoring (e.g. Nagios, MRTG , SolarWind)
· Basic knowledge of virtualization e.g. VMware, Hyper-V
Rozee - 5 months ago