British Council Employee Reviews

Cricket tournament.
Business Development Consultant - North Pakistan (Current Employee) –  Capital TerritorySeptember 20, 2019
It was very good experience to work in a such organization British Council where i have developed my skills. Such as presentation,communication and negotiation.
overall good
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IslamabadAugust 30, 2019
Job Responsibilities:
• Attend one initial training session before conducting any invigilation duties.
• Be familiar with all relevant notices, instructions and requirements relating to the specific examination.
• Adhere to all instructions issued by the supervisor/examination board.
• Place signs and notices outside the exam room as per the supervisor’s/examination board’s
instructions.
• Check each candidate’s ID and statement of entry (if applicable) before and during the exam.
• Monitor candidates unobtrusively.
• Ensure that candidates do not communicate with each other.
• Check that all candidates in allocated rows transfer their answers to mark sheets if applicable.
• Refer candidates’ enquiries to examinations supervisors or the Exams team where appropriate.
• Ensure that no unauthorized persons enter the examination room.
Good organization with fair compensation and career growth chances.
Invigilation officer (Former Employee) –  LahoreAugust 25, 2019
One of the best international organization, undoubtedly. Payscale is relatively good. Organizational culture is quite good and motivating. Career growth chances are fair.
Working with British council Pakistan is excellent period.
Exams venue staff (Current Employee) –  PunjabAugust 20, 2019
During working with British council Pakistan I learned more.
Discipline, team work, confidence, collaboration with other staff, time regulation, to handle candidates within exams hall, these are some girls which I improved.
Very Good
Operation Officer- Education (Former Employee) –  PakistanAugust 12, 2019
Indeed a pleasure to work for the British Council Pakistan
Professional with great working environment.
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  IslamabadMay 10, 2019
Professional management and professional working environment with a graceful employers and employees. A great place for learning and grooming. Special attention for child protection and safe environment.
Pros
Paid sessions
Productive & Utililized
Invigilator (Former Employee) –  KarachiJanuary 4, 2019
We normally enter at the very dawn of the day in our allocated institutes. The day typically is tough but extremely utilized and productive at full length till the eleventh hour.
I have learnt the systematic and organized discipline there.
Management was in touch with the invigilators and in turn we look after the candidates for any solution they need from us during the exam hours.
The workplace culture was smooth and friendly but very firm.
The hardest part of the job was the detection of the examinee for any fraudulent activities at the time of entrance or during the exam hours.
The most enjoyable part is calling all the waiting candidates towards the hall by their reporting time when half of them don;t listen the floaters.
Pros
Short timings
Cons
No lunch
Expert Trainer (Current Employee) –  SheikhupruaDecember 28, 2018
Working as an Expert Trainer is very productive both in skills and strategies to teach new hires as well as experienced teachers. I found the British Council team very managed and hardworking one.
Examination Officer
Examination Officer (Former Employee) –  IslamabadNovember 12, 2018
Strategic meetings with British Council officials regarding the arrangements and prerequisites required to conduct exams, Conduction briefings/ training with officials and employees regarding Cambridge University Guidelines and criterion
Learning
Assistant Supervisor / Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Capital TerritorySeptember 30, 2018
Being Assistant Supervisor / Invigilator is great honor for me.
dealing with O and A level student was great, like solving their problems,

Organizing the examination Hall as per standard was the key role.
Pros
good environment and good to know people
Cons
Not permanent
Bristish the best thing ever happened
IELTS TRAINER (Former Employee) –  PakistanMay 1, 2018
I always have great vibes for my every other of work, I do not like to stay boring at my workplace so, I always stay positive. staying bored at work always decreases the productivity and loss to efficiency as well which is need of the hour. I always manage things ahead rather they are crucial to be handled. Meeting new people is the best and flawed management always cost you good employees.
Working with British Council in Pakistan was a great Experience in my life
Invigilator (Former Employee) –  PakistanMarch 30, 2018
British Council Pakistan , I worked for them as a temporary Invigilator in CIE 2015 and CIE 2016 Exams in Pakistan. Guidance for students and supervising the staff was my job but it was temporary like being for a month or two.
Pros
we were offered free high tea and luxurious lunch daily on job hours
Cons
most probably the working hours were short like about 5 hours to 8 hours.
Excellent Work Environment
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  KarachiMarch 24, 2018
British Council is a place one can dream to work, with it brilliant work environment, implementing its policies with full scale benefiting the employees
Pros
Work/Life balance environment
Cons
Job nature contractual
Exams Invigilator Role
To support the Head Invigilators (Former Employee) –  LahoreMarch 22, 2018
had Great time working with British council as an Invigilator role, duty times are superb, you have plenty of things that you can do after performing your duties, pay structure is good as well
Pros
Snaks and tea Breaks
Cons
limited tenure for duties
Great company for career progression
Exams administrative officer (Former Employee) –  PKFebruary 16, 2018
British council is a good company to work for. It provides you with a lot of opportunity to progress and gives you the chance for international exposure and experience
Fun filled and multicultural
Supervisor (CAIE) (Current Employee) –  LahoreFebruary 9, 2018
A place anyone would dream to work at. The system is well designed and management is approachable despite of being an extensive organisation.People from all educational backgrounds cling together and make the work easy and fun.
Pros
free refreshments, flexible working hours
Challenging and productive organisation
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IslamabadNovember 23, 2017
A new challenge everyday and a new achievement everyday. They treat you like a professional person and groom you to become a successful person in life.
Pros
Co-operative and excelling staff
British Council Review
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Pakistan KarachiNovember 14, 2017
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year we reached over 65 million people directly and 731 million people overall including online, broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, its a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Good learning and earning place
Venue Staff Member (Current Employee) –  LahoreSeptember 26, 2017
Well I had a quite good time over here I learned a lot from my seniors , the way they behaved with new comers is excellent and something to learn from them, Had a great experience working in this firm.
Pros
Breaks n lunches
Cons
A little bit heactic
Require Hard work And Patience.
invigilator (Current Employee) –  KarachiSeptember 20, 2017
working for the CIE examinations at the venue is a tuff job. You have many responsibilities during examinations. This job requires patience and physically fit person because you have to stand all along the examinations to keep an eye on the students while keeping it quiet.