NED University of engineering and technology Employee Reviews

Typical public sector job
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Karachi, PakistanMay 15, 2017
- Good job security
- Excessive administrative workload on the faculty
- Monetary benefits are not guaranteed
- Higher management has little regard for the well-being of highly qualified employees
- A lot of bureaucracy
- Teaching is a wonderful experience
Overall a good experience and somehow I have a difficult time progressing in the Organization
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  University Road, KarachiFebruary 7, 2017
NED UET is the most prestigious and one of the oldest university in the country. We are fortunate enough to cater to the most talented and studious of the students in the whole country. The faculty is highly qualified and well-trained to teach and I have also gone through various training exercises to improve my professional conduct on the job.

The hardest part of the job is to conduct research as the research culture here still needs some time to improve.
Overall I enjoy teaching here. Its not the most ideal job for me but it is a blessing as well to be able to teach and groom the best lot of students.
Learing paradise
Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering (Former Employee) –  KarachiJanuary 25, 2017
Teaching to the student is pleasure to me so I enjoyed a lot.

I learned so many new skills every day, and dealing with students is very good experince.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
to teach you always upto date
Very Productive
Lecturer (Visiting faculty) (Former Employee) –  KarachiSeptember 3, 2016
I have learned many things by teaching in this institute, I have first time taught finance course, so it is tough for me but I have learned a lot from here. Management was very much good, All the staff from lover level to upper level was very cooperative.
Pros
Good management
Cons
---------
less in production
Metarials testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Karachi, PSDJuly 4, 2015
Had a great experience in NED university
Co workers really Corporate as well
Lacking Salary is a main factor to Leave NED University of Engineering and Technology
Cons
Less Pressure and comfortable environment was the key factors of my focus.
Health & Safety Engineer (HSE) (Former Employee) –  Karachi, PSDJanuary 19, 2015
At the beginning of the project we planned our visit schedule to take measurements for the existing layout of the laboratories but due to instant change by the university administration, some other lecture was scheduled, which delayed our work and wasted our time. On the other hand some team members went to cafeteria and some to the washrooms.
What we learned is not to follow the regular schedule displayed on the notice board but rather contact the administration and make a reservation for ourselves, and there should be standard procedure or code of conduct by which members cannot leave till a particular time.
The hardest part of the job was to extract the best from your team mate, specially when they have no interest but joined the team by orders.
Apart from above difficulties, working together bonded us and the formal attitude flew away.
Pros
Cooperative Staff
Cons
Busy Labs
productive workplace
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Karachi, PSDOctober 29, 2014
I have found a very good educational institute with certified by ISO 9000.

Management hierarchy is good.

Well organized institute.