Shell Employee Reviews

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 6,844 reviews
Busy but enjoying work
Retail Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Shell PakistanSeptember 4, 2019
Busy but enjoying work
learned a lot in view of business and people and assets management
culture is diverse
difficult part is dealing with people while product short
traveling and attending conferences is the most enjoyable part
A university internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  LahoreJuly 2, 2019
We were assigned to work with Shell through a university internship program. My team and I gained a thorough insight into the techniques of marketing research as well as sales.
The Best Learning Organization
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  PakistanApril 17, 2019
Shell is a university. What you learn here is the top research conclusions of any field like Management, Procurement, Scientific advancements, Marketing etc.
Pros
Amazing place to work
Cons
Assignment based jobs, no one can survive more than five years in Shell.
Great Work place environment.
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  SindhMarch 12, 2019
A great company to work with.

Management was a bit too edgy (at times)

Managers were very stick regards to work.

Co-workers were very help full and enjoy to work with.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Low job security
Shell culture is about safety , continuous improvement & qulaity
QC/QA analyst (Former Employee) –  LOBP keamari pakistanJuly 10, 2018
Shell has some high standards of business. company involves the training from higher management to the labour. I have learned continuous improvement in quality, safety mindset & business skills and a lot more.
Pros
free lunch and safety training
Cons
short breaks
Competitive workplace
Intern, Retail Learning (Former Employee) –  SindhMarch 14, 2018
I had a productive six-week internship period where I shadowed the senior managers and developed a competency framework to analyze the skills needed for the sales staff.
Great Experience
National Fuels Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Karachi, PakistanJanuary 23, 2018
A company which gives great importance to its people and values and a brand which is recognized and respected everywhere. Shell with its global presence provides great opportunities locally and internationally.
A Journey towards Occupational Health
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Karachi, PakistanJanuary 12, 2018
Shell Pakistan gave me a chance to enter in the field of Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene. The company groomed my skills in Health Risk Assessment, Disability management, Fitness to Work and working in collaboration with business parties.
Great Culture
Alliances & Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lahore, PakistanJanuary 9, 2018
Shell is a great employer and offers a rich culture to its employees. The compensation mechanism is very nice and employees are given the freedom to think out of the box.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Perks
We get appropriate time for everything.
Terminal Operation Administrator (Current Employee) –  ShiekhopuraJanuary 3, 2018
End to end management of terminal dispatch operations at one of Shell Pakistan’s largest oil terminals ensuring product quality in a safe, efficient, cost effective and customer-focused manner to meet Shell Pakistan's marketing requirements.
Management of direct reports (reporting line comprises of 8 subordinates)
Ensuring area hygiene and cleanliness to ensure compliance with HSSE requirements
Supervision of tank lorry filling, invoice control using SAP & P1GIB, product loss/gain at dispatch gantry
good
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  PKOctober 9, 2017
don't have much to say except that it was good to work at this firm and helped me to grow and push myself more and senior management was respectful to their employees
Team work is best to work our self
Labour work (Current Employee) –  Karachi PakistanOctober 3, 2017
Working labour work like blending oil filling despatched bottles send it in wearhouse in loading area etc there is better environment working with safety and security environment there is a human life is more important than work if get any challenge to do work so it better to stop work before any accident polite and good behavior or management.
A great workplace with beutiful environment and culture
Contracts and Procurement for Transport Category (Former Employee) –  SindhSeptember 28, 2017
One of the best learning and work experience that I had was in Shell Pakistan. It was a functional head position and I had talented team members to work with.

I really developed professionally and improved my negotiations and supplier development skills along with team management experience.

Developed process and procedures and SAP work environment made it a great job experience which I enjoyed a lot.

I look forward to working in similar type of environment in future also.
very sad
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  karchi, PKJuly 27, 2017
The sad part about this job was that no one talked to each other and discussed the possibilities we could have for a better progeam adn too much politics.
ok
Materials Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Karachi, PKJune 20, 2017
Work life balance needs improvement. It can be difficult to find genuine time away from work. Oil prices changing can effect your job currently.......
Excellent Company
Country Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Karachi, PakistanJune 13, 2017
A company that lives it core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People.It does so by the people it selects, the coaching and training it provides and most importantly, the empowerment that is built within its management style. It is a company where you can take calculated risks & innovate without the fear of failure!
Productive and Fun Place
Invoicing Assistant (Former Employee) –  KarachiApril 21, 2017
Shell Pakistan is a very good place to work. The working environment is good. Growth chances are good. the only bad thing about shell is that after every two or three years they start getting out their employeess
Pros
Saturdays Off
Cons
No Job Security
away days, celebrating success in meeting targets, excessive traveling
Resident Manager & CX Advisor (Former Employee) –  Islamabad , PakistanMarch 30, 2017
I served Shell Pakistan Limited for a complete decade in Senior Managerial Positions. My first assignment was of a Sales job wherein I was appointed as the Regional Manager Retail Sales, North (managing over 230 Fuel stations) in the North Frontier Province of Pakistan now named as KPK. After my Army's career, it was a unique experience directly monitoring and optimizing sales through various promos, sales tactics and by ensuring quality n quantity. Here I was made to focus on Customer care and Target achievement for which I had to follow the company's HSSE Policy, ensure House Keeping and Q& Q.
Completing my 3 years of successful tenure in Retail Sales, being the most competent and well linked and connected manager ( as I used to frequently inter-act with the Provincial Management and the senior hierarchy of the government, I was picked up by the Board for a very Important and sensitive assignment of Resident Manager at Islamabad where I stayed for the remaining period of 7 years.
As the Resident Manager and CX Adviser Shell Pakistan I used to represent the Managing Director of shell Pakistan for all matters of the company interfacing Government of Pakistan. My designation was known as the "Face of Shell" at Islamabad.
My JD included various functions, Most importantly was to;
f. arranging Company refunds
g. Business strategy
h.Help the Shell Business Managers
  more... grow their business
j. Expand Shell's footprint in Pakistan.

All along I found Shell to be forthcoming in my support in all matters including my personal training , growth and welfare.
It was indeed a wonderful company to serve with.
Pros
free hand on all sorts of entertainment of stakeholders, business partners
Cons
Free medical and strict compliance of work life balance
Can work in different shifts
Compressor and generator operator (Current Employee) –  KarachiMarch 14, 2017
I can work in complete health and safety environment also having experience of catterpillar jenbacher and Cummins gas and diesel generator and compressor and dryer Ingersoll Rand
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health break
good learning oppurtunity
Shore Officer (Former Employee) –  Karachi, PakistanFebruary 11, 2017
i spend almost 9 years in an organization, its overall well lead, but the People from ROYAL dutch shell may look into few matter of HR as the hiring process is not well. versed and very limited and family members are hired on good post ,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K