Symantec Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,131 reviews
Love of old Symantec
Senior Manager, Voice Services (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 20, 2019
Symantec has been a good solid company until recently. The employees at Symantec were the reason I stayed and enjoyed the job over the many years. Loved my work at Symantec,
Productive and Fun Workplace
HR (Former Employee) –  IndiaSeptember 20, 2019
Open Work Culture - Easy to connect
Fun Workplace - Interactive sessions
Easy to connect with Business leaders
Learning opportunities
Cross Functional connect between departments
Customer Service Identity Theft Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2019
Symantec is a great place to work, the only reason I have to leave is because I moved almost 40 miles one way and I drive 80 miles to and from work per day, I can not afford gas unfortunately! I can apply to work at symantec if I ever move closer!
Pros
Free Bagels Mondays and Tuesdays and donuts Fridays and beer Thirsty Thursdays
Cons
Live to far
Tremendous Exposure to a Vast Set of Cutting Edge Technology
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 15, 2019
A very demanding work culture, with heightened expectations from technical staff. Never a dull week and the need to deal with reasonable pressure from both customers and management.
Tempe - Member Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 13, 2019
Both the management and environment are great. The people that work there you form close connections with and friendships and the job itself is very challenging but rewarding.
Good work life balance
Senior Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2019
Good work life balance
Fun place to work
Best place to learn and share
Average remuneration
Good Workplace culture
I have learned a lot about technology
great product but top management killed it
Sr. Manager, Marketing IT (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 11, 2019
HBS should do case study on this company. Amazing product, great talent, sky is the limit for grown and still company failed and breaking apart because of poor leadership and management.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
poor management
Goood Company
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2019
I had learned a lot for the time I spent at Symantec Canada.
Management and ex coworkers went out their way and were very helpful when I had issues or needed help.
Good work/life balance, but bad culture
Senior Manager, Engineering (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 4, 2019
Good work/life balance, but bad culture. Management doesn't have vision on directions, but colleagues are really nice. Not a good place for young guys.
Overall good company
Senior QA Analyst / QA Lead (Current Employee) –  PuneSeptember 4, 2019
Overall good company, good work environment, relaxed, good compensation but no job guarantee. You don't know when they don't need you and your name is on the list of people to be laid off.
Pros
Overall good company, good work environment, relaxed, good compensation
Cons
No job guarantee, You don't know when they don't need you and your name is on the list of people to be laid off
Nice company
Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Kharadi, Pune, MaharashtraSeptember 4, 2019
Very good work atmosphere cheerful teams fum activities and lots of learning on the go
Mesmerised way of learning helps in achieving the goals and guides
Great Place to Work
Manager, Global Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2019
Symantec provides an environment where you get out what you put in. There are significant rewards and opportunities for hardwork an dedication. The benefits are significantly better than most companies however the salaries are less then average.
Benefits
Symantec Review
Security Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 3, 2019
Symantec has pushed me beyond what I thought i was capable of doing. I learned more techologies faster than any other company. If learning is your goal, Symantec is the company for you to learn and push yourself.

What I was told at my interviewed is not what I am doing now. The atmosphere is very light and fun. Working on a floor with 70 people does have it's challenges to think, hear, or speak to your customers. An awesome job to learn technology.
Deal Desk Analyst (Contractor)
Deal Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reading, BerkshireSeptember 3, 2019
A contract position which gave great learning opportunities and flexibility. The culture is professional and friendly. A diverse workplace which offers growth and advancement.
Great team
Sr. Director - Security Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 2, 2019
There are many good talents. They are fun to work with and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. These people create a friendly culture and work environment.
Amazing place to work at
Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraSeptember 2, 2019
Organization carries a rich culture
Amazing infrastructure
The workplace is filled with talented people to learn from
Monetary benefits
Best in the industry
Pros
Monetary Benefits
Cons
Frequent org changes
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateAugust 30, 2019
Symantec is a great place to work. Culture is very good and there is opportunity for advancement. It is a large company though and can be slow moving in some aspects.
Fantastic company to work for
Senior SOC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reading, BerkshireAugust 29, 2019
Symantec is a wonderful company and I have had the pleasure of working with great people here.

I have met with many new and existing customers, showcasing our software in our Security Operations Centre.
Pros
Excellent company
Amazing work Culture
Data Scientist IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 27, 2019
I worked here for my summer internship and I learned a lot of things. Their internship program is well organized and helpful for learning. The work culture is super exciting.
Great people...ever-changing focus
Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 27, 2019
The people you work with at Symantec are great. The atmosphere is collaborative and constructive. The management style I have experienced is supportive and the work-home balance has been great. The biggest challenge is that for the last five years at least there have been several critical transitions in leadership and large scale layoffs which have resulted in challenges to morale. It has been hard to see so many great employees with knowledge and talent suddenly leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symantec. Our community is ready to answer.