United Nations Development Programme

United Nations Development Programme Employee Reviews

I feel my self happy, energetic and even every minute with UNDP I feel my self stll learning.
Business trainer (Current Employee) –  Khyber-PakhtunkhwaDecember 5, 2019
I feel happy becaus every day in this job I meet with different people in different communitys, as my duties as a business trainer people give me love and respect, And I am also happy with the management of UNDP, and still want to stay with UNDP in deferent projects.
Learning and productive
consultant (Former Employee) –  Peshawar & islamabadOctober 13, 2019
I have worked a few times with UNDP. Found the organization very reliable and professional in its commitments as per their ToRs. The work done by UNDP in Pakistan is very important in terms of improving the governance in the country.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Stressful at times
Productive and energizing, vast work experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  PunjabOctober 10, 2019
its was a healthy work environment with development culture. I learned teamwork with a maximum contribution to the higher name of the organization. Covering of Election 2018 was hardest and enjoyable too as various public responses, aggression, rage make it difficult to collect data but youth and educated urban class cooperated in well-behaved manner to increase my experience and learning. UNDP has best team Management, which is the most crucial part which encourage for more and diligent work.
Good Productive, Competitive and Enjoyable Organization
It has a great environment where I have learned too much, its management is too friendly and motivated, Providing Vertical and horizontal Hirarcal and inspirational environment. The hardest Part of the job is not there because seniors are always giving you such a nice guidelines where you can always achieve your goal. The Most Enjoyable part of the job is once you enter in the setup, in a very short time you will be able and good competitive position.
Oprestion maintenance repairing and machines etc
Oprestion maintenance repairing and machines etc (Former Employee) –  PakistanJune 16, 2019
All equipment, All trailer, All tracks, All lifters, All dampars, conteniar, carpintar, plumber, electric, purchasing oprestion, maintenance, repairing, machines all works responsibly
Lubers, vendors, and all staff handling
And more works professional experience knowledge etc
Pros
Mobile phone and petrol free etc
Cons
Saturday is off
Team work and coordination with higher authorities about the progress of each project component .
National Program Manager (Former Employee) –  QuettaMay 23, 2019
I like to meet first thing in Monday and last time Friday to have meeting with team and discuss priorities for the week, check progress, goal setting and develop strategy for increasing efficiency of the Project.
I learned new ideas’ improvement of Public Investment Management, Public Finance Management, Developing Procurement Plans and designing Concept Note for activities. Working with Public Sector officials in Secretariat is typical government style culture workplace where projects burn rate is always behind the target. Retaining cordial relations and complying project goals with Government officers are hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is carrying out new challenges and learning new areas, having good relations with team and superiors.
Pros
Skills developments
Cons
Health Problems take place in life.
Most Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Capital TerritoryApril 8, 2019
I Had an amazing time Working for the emergency relief cell post 2005 Earth quick in Pakistan. Learned so much and felt a great sense of satisfaction.
Pros
Many
Cons
Non
UNDP provides opportunities to Excel
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Capital TerritoryMarch 6, 2019
An excellent working environment where you can plan, design and implement. If you want to serve the community, UNDP is the right platform.

UNDP provides growth opportunities, trainings, and opprotunities to develop linkages and networks with the partners and donors.
Numerous opportunities for professional growth
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE ASSOCIATE (RECRUITMENT LEAD) (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, PakistanJanuary 25, 2019
UNDP has played a vital role in my professional growth. This organization promotes internal candidates that possess skills and abilities. Fun place with immense job security and flexible working hours policy in place.
Pros
fast paced environment helped learning curve grow big time
Cons
work pressure and long hours at times
Multi-national and Multi-cultural environment, great experience to work on sustainable development and engage with people from diverse backgrounds
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  Capital TerritoryJanuary 3, 2019
My work with United Nations Development Program (UNDP) allowed me to interact with and learn from multi-lateral, bi-lateral, government counterparts. I believe UNDP provided me the platform where it is my moral responsibility to contribute towards the glaring problems our community and society is facing. Working at UNDP has polished my skills as a programme development and implementation expert.
working with undp
Research associate (Former Employee) –  LAHORE, PKDecember 24, 2018
i have worked with undp before and i found it an excellent place to work with in .staff ,management,work criteria is very good.on daily bases its like i am working with the best professionals..the tasks and other activities like stake holder meetings and others activities are so much well rehearsed.
Too much redtape
Resource Mobilization & Knowledge Management (Former Employee) –  PakistanNovember 30, 2018
Good place to work but it does not reward innovative thinking, the bureaucracy has become institutionalized. Local staff vs international staff promotes salary and perk inequality
As gis /rs expert at undp.
Information System Associate/ GIS Expert (Former Employee) –  IslamabadAugust 9, 2018
Friendly environment during stay with UNDP.
I learned how to work with team and colleague
there is good and proper management regarding Administration and tasks.
Pros
GIS /RS Expert
Cons
Health care facility good, break for tea and meal are also in time
productive
Assistant finance administrator (Former Employee) –  islamabadApril 7, 2018
i had a great time to work with finance officer of UNDP and a got knowledge and skill about the practical area more than my expectation. the work place and environment was good with productivity and fun with colleagues.
Pros
everything was on me
Cons
short break
Procurement Officer
Procurement Officer (Current Employee) –  IslamabadMarch 18, 2018
UNDP is best place for job and Learning and finding more ways to get explore the work and learning and looking for more better jobs. ethics culture are fine .
National Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, PakistanFebruary 14, 2018
Excellent benefits, good working environments, a fun place to work. Les staff development and professional growth opportunities and absolutely no job security for the project staff.
Pros
Good paymasters
Cons
Little professional growth and learning
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, PakistanJanuary 12, 2018
United nations was a great place to work with a great work environment. It was both challenging and rewarding and offered career advancement. The benefits were great.
Pros
excellent work environment
office work ,field work etc
office work and field works. (Current Employee) –  Mardan,swat,January 4, 2018
well educated, well qualified and do every kind of work.I have good manner and belong to good family. i am hard worker in every field. Nothing is impossible for a human..
Cons
health care and also short breaks.
Good place to start your career with
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  PakistanSeptember 7, 2017
A very good place for bigginners to start their career. You learn alot and working environment itself is best teacher for your day to day work matters.
Challenging and prestigious job
Water & Sanitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazara, PakistanJuly 25, 2017
Worked in very remote areas, completed tasks in time. It involved participation of the general population, communicating with government departments anf coordinating activities with contractors
Pros
Good salary and other facilities
Cons
No fixed hours of work