United Nations Development Programme Employee Reviews

Numerous opportunities for professional growth
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE ASSOCIATE (RECRUITMENT LEAD) (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, PakistanJanuary 25, 2019
UNDP has played a vital role in my professional growth. This organization promotes internal candidates that possess skills and abilities. Fun place with immense job security and flexible working hours policy in place.
Pros
fast paced environment helped learning curve grow big time
Cons
work pressure and long hours at times
Multi-national and Multi-cultural environment, great experience to work on sustainable development and engage with people from diverse backgrounds
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  Capital TerritoryJanuary 3, 2019
My work with United Nations Development Program (UNDP) allowed me to interact with and learn from multi-lateral, bi-lateral, government counterparts. I believe UNDP provided me the platform where it is my moral responsibility to contribute towards the glaring problems our community and society is facing. Working at UNDP has polished my skills as a programme development and implementation expert.
working with undp
Research associate (Former Employee) –  LAHORE, PKDecember 24, 2018
i have worked with undp before and i found it an excellent place to work with in .staff ,management,work criteria is very good.on daily bases its like i am working with the best professionals..the tasks and other activities like stake holder meetings and others activities are so much well rehearsed.
Too much redtape
Resource Mobilization & Knowledge Management (Former Employee) –  PakistanNovember 30, 2018
Good place to work but it does not reward innovative thinking, the bureaucracy has become institutionalized. Local staff vs international staff promotes salary and perk inequality
As gis /rs expert at undp.
Information System Associate/ GIS Expert (Former Employee) –  IslamabadAugust 9, 2018
Friendly environment during stay with UNDP.
I learned how to work with team and colleague
there is good and proper management regarding Administration and tasks.
Pros
GIS /RS Expert
Cons
Health care facility good, break for tea and meal are also in time
productive
Assistant finance administrator (Former Employee) –  islamabadApril 7, 2018
i had a great time to work with finance officer of UNDP and a got knowledge and skill about the practical area more than my expectation. the work place and environment was good with productivity and fun with colleagues.
Pros
everything was on me
Cons
short break
Procurement Officer
Procurement Officer (Current Employee) –  IslamabadMarch 18, 2018
UNDP is best place for job and Learning and finding more ways to get explore the work and learning and looking for more better jobs. ethics culture are fine .
National Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, PakistanFebruary 14, 2018
Excellent benefits, good working environments, a fun place to work. Les staff development and professional growth opportunities and absolutely no job security for the project staff.
Pros
Good paymasters
Cons
Little professional growth and learning
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, PakistanJanuary 12, 2018
United nations was a great place to work with a great work environment. It was both challenging and rewarding and offered career advancement. The benefits were great.
Pros
excellent work environment
office work ,field work etc
office work and field works. (Current Employee) –  Mardan,swat,January 4, 2018
well educated, well qualified and do every kind of work.I have good manner and belong to good family. i am hard worker in every field. Nothing is impossible for a human..
Cons
health care and also short breaks.
Good place to start your career with
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  PakistanSeptember 7, 2017
A very good place for bigginners to start their career. You learn alot and working environment itself is best teacher for your day to day work matters.
Challenging and prestigious job
Water & Sanitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazara, PakistanJuly 25, 2017
Worked in very remote areas, completed tasks in time. It involved participation of the general population, communicating with government departments anf coordinating activities with contractors
Pros
Good salary and other facilities
Cons
No fixed hours of work
I have more than years’ experience in development and social sector with National and International organizations. I have experience in Admin and Logi
Young Professional Officer (Former Employee) –  PeshawarJune 3, 2017
I always enjoy the work i do. I completely prepare my mind for the business i do. i learned from my mistakes and try my best not to repeat it again. i easily adjust with the work environment and adopts the culture of the workplace. the enjoyable part of my job is working as a part of dynamic team and supporting them.
very intersting working with undp
United nation youth volunteers (Current Employee) –  in pakistan, peshawarApril 2, 2017
Always like to expose to a new and challenging environment where i would improve my skills and abilities and where its people believe on common vision, team work and respect each other and i found such situation while working with UNDP. i learned alot and the cross cultural differences were almost zero. the most hardest part of the job was report writting and the most enjoyable of this whole project was seminars and other activity.
Pros
everything was free in UNDP.
Cons
full health insurance, Vla, travelling expenses etc
UNDP is the Place where multi cultural people work and give 100 percent output to the organization
Procurement Assistant (Current Employee) –  PakistanFebruary 15, 2017
UNDP has very friendly and cooperative environment and organization give chance to multi dynamic people to work with them from all around the world. its privilege to work here
Pakistan program
Urban Development Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, PKJanuary 23, 2017
The pakistan mission is very bureaucratic - and while the work being done is commendable there is alot of room to remove the red tape in administration.
Environment
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, PakistanJanuary 15, 2017
UNDP is working in all over the world. UNDP provides the very friendly environment in office. Senior management cooperate the employees. Everybody caring each other.
Productive and Fun workplace
Admin & Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  IslamabadJanuary 15, 2017
Working at UNDP has been best experience of my life. I enjoyed working in a culture where there is work place diversity, respect, dignity and professionalism.
Pros
allowances, DSA & medical coverage
Cons
Job Insecurity
good
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee) –  Peshawar PakistanNovember 24, 2016
United Nation Development Program is one of the developed UN organization we really enjoyed work their, their management and response to their employee was really good.
Working with UN family is as working with your own family - Working for the humanity.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  PeshawarApril 12, 2016
Great opportunity to work with UN family. It provides you great satisfaction working for the poor, neglected, unfortunate, sick and disables. It provides you inner satisfaction working for the humanity.
Pros
Happy hours
Cons
short breaks